Thank You to Employees Across the HBM Portfolio
A favorite quote I learned early in my first job out of college is “The strength of a company lies in its people.” Watching our team respond to the uncertainty created by this COVID-19 pandemic affirms for me that we have some of the best people working across our portfolio at HBM, Mississippi Lime, Schafer, Aerofil, Tru-Flex, and HarperLove.
Words can’t express how proud I am of our people for the fantastic effort you have put in over the past few weeks. During these unprecedented times, you continue to deliver on behalf of our businesses, for your communities and for our customers. To you and to your families: Thank you!
The safety and health of our people remains HBM’s top priority. We are doing everything we can to keep our employees, their families and our communities safe while we continue to focus on the health of our businesses. Our goals in this difficult moment are simple: focus on the health and safety of our people and maintain business continuity.
To continue to keep our employees safe, we’ve:
- Eliminated non-essential travel and restricted visitors to sites
- Established quarantine protocols based on CDC guidance
- Encouraged social distancing within sites
- Transitioned to a virtual work environment where possible
- Followed enhanced cleaning/disinfection protocols
- Increased our communication to ensure accurate and timely information is shared with all employees and customers
HBM remains in strong financial condition. The benefit of having a diversified portfolio is that we can exhibit resilience and resolve in the face of adversity – even when it is unexpectedly imposed upon us by a global pandemic.
Thank you to our 2,000 dedicated employees across the HBM portfolio. You should be extremely proud of the job you are doing. I can’t wait to see you on the shop floor again soon.
With gratitude and in continued safety and health,
President & CEO